The COVID lockdown has been hard on a lot of people, but I believe it has been particularly difficult for us parents. Between our own stress, the additional overload of working from home while managing kids, managing our children’s stress, managing everyone’s emotional well-being, keeping everyone physically healthy – it’s a lot to manage.
Which is why I am happy to share with you this FREE online series of masterclasses for parents — the Positive Parenting Conference 2020!
Don’t worry, it has nothing to do with COVID-19… I am thoroughly burnt out about all that info too! This is a series of good old solid foundational principles for great parenting – something that will bear fruit long after COVID has become history. You don’t want to miss it.
Here are a few of the sessions I’m particularly looking forward to:
Dr. Shefali Tsabary is a renowned clinical psychologist endorsed by Oprah and featured on TEDx, Wisdom 2.0 and Kellogg Business School. Her courses have benefited families globally, covering topics such as anger, anxiety, purpose, meaning, relationships and conscious health.
In this masterclass Dr. Tsabary shares with us:
- The basics of Conscious Parenting philosophy
- How we can parent based on our children’s needs, not based on our own past, projections or unconscious rationale.
- The importance of noticing a child’s nature and allowing it to unfold so we can love them unconditionally.
Dr. Laura is a trained Clinical Psychologist who has helped countless families embrace a relationship based parenting model to find compassionate and common sense solutions to everything from separation anxiety to sleep problems, sass talk, screen time and more.
In this masterclass Dr. Markham shares with us:
- The fundamentals of the Peaceful Parenting approach
- How we can boost our children’s emotional intelligence through connection.
- The importance of our own emotional regulation for calm engagement with our children.
- Why “controlling” our child is impossible and how to coach our children through listening.
Hal Runkel is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, registered conflict mediator and has written three books that have been translated into 11 languages. After earning both a BA and MS in philosophy & theology, Hal pursued his Masters Degree in Marriage and Family Therapy; he has been featured on over 1,000 media outlets for his Screamfree approach to life and parenting.
In this masterclass Hal explains:
- The fundamentals of Screamfree parenting
- How to maintain our parental authority and keep our composure when responding to our children, no matter what the situation is.
- How to influence our children, without falling in the trap of trying to control them.
- Why our tone of voice is our message to our children and the importance of natural consequences.
Judy Arnall teaches brain and child development at the University of Calgary, Continuing Education, and is the past president of Attachment Parenting Canada Association. She specializes in punishment-free parenting and is a Certified Canadian Family Life Educator (CCFE) who regularly appears for television interviews on CBC, CTV, and Global.
In this masterclass Judy shares with us:
- The best positive discipline tools to use with kids of different ages
- How to set our children up for success by shaping their environment to meet their needs.
- How to teach our children to be the best version of themselves.
- The importance of working in collaboration with our children to solve problems.
Dr. Stixrud is is a clinical neuropsychologist who lectures widely on the adolescent mind and the effects of stress, sleep deprivation, and technology overload on the brain. He is a member of the teaching faculty at Children’s National Medical Center and an assistant professor of psychiatry and pediatrics at the George Washington University School of Medicine.
In this masterclass Dr. Stixrud explains:
- The importance of allowing our children control over their lives.
- How to implement the “parent as consultant” model.
- How to end the power struggles over homework (and other situations) for good.
The FREE online Positive Parenting Conference starts today! If you haven’t yet registered, do so right now, so you can receive the links for all 16 expert masterclasses totally FREE!
Here’s the full list of all the masterclasses included (yes, for FREE!):
- Sept 22nd – 23rd: Track #1: Connection-Based Parenting
- Dr. Shefali Tsabary: Conscious Parenting Masterclass
- Dr. Laura Markham: Peaceful Parenting Masterclass
- Dr. Tina Bryson: Power of Showing Up Masterclass
- Hal Runkel: Screamfree Parenting Masterclass
- Bonus: 3 Quick Win Tips
- Sept 24th – 25th: Track #2: Managing Behavior
- Judy Arnall: Positive Discipline Tools Masterclass
- Dr. Mona Delahooke: Understanding Behaviors Masterclass
- Betsy Brown Braun: Brat-proofing Kids Masterclass
- Dayna Abraham: Kids Activities & Games Masterclass
- Bonus: 4 Quick Win Tips
- Sept 26th – 27th: Track #3: Healing & Happiness
- Dr. Rick Hanson: Hardwiring Happiness Masterclass
- Dr. Lawrence Cohen: Playful Parenting Masterclass
- Mark Wolynn: Inherited Family Trauma Masterclass
- Casey O’Roarty: Managing Our Emotions Masterclass
- Bonus: 3 Quick Win Tips
- Sept 28th – 29th: Track #4: Path To Success
- Greg McKeown: Essentialism Masterclass
- Dr. Peg Dawson: Executive Skills Masterclass
- Dr. William Stixrud: Self-Driven Child Masterclass
- Dr. Kathy Koch: Multiple Intelligences Masterclass
- Bonus: 3 Quick Win Tips
As you can see, it is an incredible lineup. Did I mention it’s free? And 100% online so you can watch it from anywhere?